Quail Colour Combinations

CoCovey

Chirping
Jul 11, 2023
Hello fellow quail keepers,
I have 8 Coturnix quail and I was curious as to what colours I could get. They are:
Male 1: Pharoah
IMG_0619.jpeg

Male 2: Rosetta Tuxedo
Hens1,2 and 3: Italian
IMG_0549.jpeg

IMG_0637.jpeg

Hen 4: Pharoah
IMG_0642.jpeg

Hen 5: Pearl
IMG_0635.jpeg

Hen 6: Rosetta
IMG_0603.jpeg

I was more curious about combinations such as Male 2 x Hen 5 but if there are others that will produce exciting colours please let me know

I have 8 Coturnix quail and I was curious as to what colours I could get. They are:
Male 1: PharoahView attachment 3645470

Hens1,2 and 3: ItalianView attachment 3645472
View attachment 3645473
Hen 4: PharoahView attachment 3645474
Hen 5: PearlView attachment 3645476
View attachment 3645477
I was more curious about combinations such as Male 2 x Hen 5 but if there are others that will produce exciting colours please let me know
With a mix like that you could get a lot of different ones. I found this useful while trying to figure out what my mix might give me but it’s always a mystery as I don’t get a single thing that it said i would. Website link. https://mainesconfettiquailfarm.com/color-breeding-101/. The actual website has a lot more info then the picture you should find it very useful.

Attachments

• IMG_4074.jpeg
    IMG_4074.jpeg
    600.4 KB · Views: 30
With a mix like that you could get a lot of different ones. I found this useful while trying to figure out what my mix might give me but it’s always a mystery as I don’t get a single thing that it said i would. Website link. https://mainesconfettiquailfarm.com/color-breeding-101/. The actual website has a lot more info then the picture you should find it very useful.
Thank you so much! I have been on maines confetti quail farms website before and it is very informative. I am wondering more about the tuxedo males possibilities but I appreciate the help!

Male 1: PharoahView attachment 3645470

Hens1,2 and 3: ItalianView attachment 3645472
View attachment 3645473
Hen 4: PharoahView attachment 3645474
Hen 5: PearlView attachment 3645476
View attachment 3645477
Most of the offspring will probably mostly resemble one of their parents instead of both. My guess is that if you cross Male 2 x Hen 5, they will produce offspring that look mostly like the Rosetta with just a little or none of the Tuxedo showing.
I would look at the link that @Patiocoturnix provided. It has some very helpful information.

@CoCovey, you have some beautiful birds!
Good find!

Most of the offspring will probably mostly resemble one of their parents instead of both. My guess is that if you cross Male 2 x Hen 5, they will produce offspring that look mostly like the Rosetta with just a little or none of the Tuxedo showing.
I would look at the link that @Patiocoturnix provided. It has some very helpful information.
Yeah it it will resemble neither I have some that look exactly like some of the parents and some that don’t look anything like a bird I already have. So with quail it’s litterally like opening a mystery box every time you hatch.

Yeah it it will resemble neither I have some that look exactly like some of the parents and some that don’t look anything like a bird I already have. So with quail it’s litterally like opening a mystery box every time you hatch.
I meant to say yeah or it will resemble neither. Sorry my autocorrect breaks my words a lot of the time.

Yeah, quail colors are pretty unpredictable! Sometimes the parents are crosses that only show one of their parents colors, so when you go to breed with them their offspring will sometimes show the other breed that didn’t show in the cross bred parents.
Sorry if that’s a little confusing 😅 .

Yeah, quail colors are pretty unpredictable! Sometimes the parents are crosses that only show one of their parents colors, so when you go to breed with them their offspring will sometimes show the other breed that didn’t show in the cross bred parents.
Sorry if that’s a little confusing 😅 .
Yeah nothing like chickens 🤣

Back
Top Bottom