quail coop lighting options

Quailsc26785

In the Brooder
Jul 29, 2020
Hi! I have 6 quails in my garage and they haven't started laying. My garage is really dim so they haven't been getting a lot of light. I don't have any outlets in the garage which is why I can't use plug-in lamps. Does anybody have any idea of what I could use to get them laying eggs? Thanks very much!

I only have one 2 plug outlet in my garage as well so I got a Power Strip from the dollar store for about 5 bucks and you can get them off of amazon for around the same price. As far as lighting goes I use one of the Clamp Lights clamped and zip tied on the ceiling of the garage pointed toward my cages. I also got a plug in Timer off amazon for around 8 dollars as well so I can set the timer when I need to but have yet to configure and use it. I always check on my birds before work in the morning and turn there light on for them about 30 mins before sunrise and leave it on for them for about an hour after sunset each day which is around the time I start getting ready for bed so I have not had to use the timer yet but plan to use it in the winter months when the time changes and daylight starts getting short.

Back
Top Bottom