Quail Coops

Wow! I might try something like this, it seems slightly easier to make than what I was planning, and it looks pretty. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you. I had gotten my idea by mixing what Slightly Redneck and Coturnix Corner youtube video's had. You should check them out. They gave great ideas. I probably didn't need to go as heavy with the wood as i did but my big concern was keeping racoons and opossum out.

I turned one of my gardens into a coop for my quails and pheasants. The plants are no longer there (they ate them).
upload_2019-10-19_15-22-27.png

Do you have some type of heating system under your coop? Wondering if quails need to heat in cold weather.
I wrapped the bottom with plastic and then put heat lamps underneath. As Nabiki said quail are pretty tough little birds. I also attached some plastic to the front that I found wasn't the best idea as it didn't allow for ventilation and I ended up with a lot of frozen condensation on the inside. This winter I plan to wrap the bottom again but I'm going to replace the wood inside "walls" with some leftover hardware cloth so the the heat lamps will heat in the pens and hopefully more than one pen. Also hoping this will help with the water freezing. It gets rough swapping out frozen solid waterers twice a day. Big thing is keep then dry and having a place where they can get out of the wind.

Back
Top Bottom