Quail eating paper

Advocat

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 7, 2014
My quail is an indoor pet, and he likes to investigate "everything". On a few occasions, when there has been some paper or Kleenex tissue lying around, he has gone after that to peck at it, and before I could remove it he has peeled off a little bit and swallowed it. So far, he doesn't seem to have been affected by eating the paper, but it worries me because no doubt it's going to happen now and then.

Anyone know whether quail can safely digest a "bite" of paper, or would something like that accumulate in his innards and become a problem down the road?

Yes, they can digest and pass paper. I am not sure how good it is for them however. LOL My parrots used to eat paper all the time! Flying onto the kitchen table and eating the newspaper or any bills that might be left on their counter. LOL

Most things past through birds. If it is water soluble, it will pass with no issues.

Yes, they can digest and pass paper. I am not sure how good it is for them however. LOL My parrots used to eat paper all the time! Flying onto the kitchen table and eating the newspaper or any bills that might be left on their counter. LOL

Most things past through birds. If it is water soluble, it will pass with no issues.
Thank you, that eases my mind :)

Back
Top Bottom