Quail egg candling tips?!

BastyPutt

Yes, your Polish is a cockerel...
May 9, 2020
Central Oregon
Hello my quail friends.

My celadon eggs are cooking along - however, the more I look around he more I think what I have may have a celadon gene, but aren't true celadon because they aren't very dark blue.

Anyway, I have a hand held candler (torch) that is sized for chicken eggs. Any links or pointers for a device that fits and works well with smaller quail eggs?

Here are the eggs in question. Let me know what you think of the color.

Attachments

• 3AB2AC14-A721-419E-BB71-5A34CB2EBC4D.jpeg
    3AB2AC14-A721-419E-BB71-5A34CB2EBC4D.jpeg
    391.9 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    365.9 KB · Views: 7
Those are celadon. They are usually a very pale blue. If you see pictures of vivid blue eggs, the picture is either doctored or they played with the lighting to make them seem more blue.
Ok good. I'm not a huge breed snob, I just like the idea of a contrast in egg presentation đź‘Ť

So far from what I am seeing growth is really sparse in there, to that point, I am not sure what I am looking at. A chicken egg is very obvious initially.

From an eBay seller who was kind and very responsive, so my hopes are high atleast.

Also - @Nabiki - I was looking through some old threads and saw some instructions you posted a few years back for incubation.

The humidity I believe was 30/50. I usually go 40-50/70 with chickens. Should quail be lower?

Back
Top Bottom