Quail eggs...Keep your fingers crossed!!

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
I put my cortunix and button quail eggs in the hatcher tonight. Keep your fingers crossed that they hatch!! I am down to 3 cortunix that are for sure developing, and 3 that I'm not so sure about. The buttons are a toss-up, I can't see a thing in those!!

I'll keep my fingers cross
fl.gif

Good luck! I put mine in the hatcher about 30 hours ago. How did you get you candle the cortunix? I can't seem to see anything threw them.

Happy hatching!
jumpy.gif

Best of luck on your hatch. Just be very careful when you decide to move them. I was cautioned about that but I still had quail scatter when I move them out of the brooder at 6 weeks. They are fast and fly great. I should have waited to have someone help me mine all few away in different directions and I never saw them again.

Quote:
I only had one cortunix egg that I couldn't see through. I have a small LED flashlight, and it shows up pretty well. Shine the light down through the top, where the air sac is. It makes the wloe egg light up really good. I tried with the buttons, and was able to see through one of the 5 or 6 that I tried, so I gsve up. All I could see in that one was the air sac! At least it looked intact, so the p.o. didn't scramble all of those!

Quote:
Yeah, I plan on keeping them in the house as long as possible. I only have one brooder right now, and it is full of chicks, so I will have to devide it or something. Sorry you lost yours, that would really stink!

Back
Top Bottom