Quail everywhere!!!

farrier!

Songster
10 Years
Feb 28, 2009
Southern Illinois
I staggered out this morning to turn the lights on and had quail everywhere!
The 24 Bob's were out along with 2 of the 6 speckled.

Not sure to blame the goat or more then likely my kid. One of the "doors" was opened. I think the Speckled quail just became too excited and opened thier top of the cage just far enough to squeese out.

I did go back in and woke up the kid to get her to help gather them all up.

I think we found them all......

I think we might of had 26, so one might still be out. One was gathered up this afternoon.

I heard lots of stories how goats have destroyed something guess that why they call them scape goats LOL.
big_smile.png

Actually, a scapegoat was a goat that was driven off into the wilderness as part of the ceremonies of the Day of Atonement, in Judaism during the times of the Temple in Jerusalem. Since this goat, carrying the sins of the people placed on it, is sent away to perish, the word "scapegoat" has come to mean a person, often innocent, who is blamed and punished for the sins, crimes, or sufferings of others, generally as a way of distracting attention from the real causes.

Just thought you would like to know.
big_smile.png

Doug

Amazing, the things you learn here. Thank you. I went to my greenhouse (no plants in it now but plenty of quail, lol, to find one of my cages had escaped the other day but there weren't as many as you had escape. I think I have about nine in there and the greenhouse is small, course I had to watch out that I didn't step on the ducklings, lol.

im supprised ya got the bobs back
smile.png
i lost 3 males the other day i was moving some of them around and i hate to say it but i think i didnt latch the latch all the way
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom