Quail Feeder question

Discussion in 'Quail' started by CARS, May 8, 2009.

1. CARS

CARS Chillin' With My Peeps

I hit the jackpot today and the High School Ag teacher is getting ready to "unload" 70 A&M Quail! FOR FREE!!!

I have the cages built already and bought a bunch of those pop-bottle water cups (.83 each btw from Quail Forever. MM wants something like $5.85 for 2 of them [​IMG])

What do you feel is the best feeder for a roll-out cage? I need to move quick (picking them up the 15th). Because of the time-frame, DIY feeders are probably my best bet.

Do the PVC pipe ones work good? Those clip-on the cage bowls or crocks?? Other options???

2. tumra

tumra Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2009
    mate using PVC pipe and you are asking for waste and spillage. If the quails are adult birds use something like this feeder

Put it onto a small brick to lift the feeder of the floor and the quails will eat from it without having the chance to throw the food everywhere.

You might need 2 or 3 for the number of birds you have though.
  3. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

That's what we use, the hanging feeders work great

4. CARS

CARS Chillin' With My Peeps

I had not thought of the hanging feeders! I was having problems thinking of options because of the sloped floor. Time to start shopping!

Thanks guys!!!
  5. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

Tractor supply has them. We use the 3 pound size in the brooder boxes once the birds are eating good. In the quail pen we use the 7 pound size.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by