Quail Feeder

xcalibor67

Chirping
Apr 28, 2017
For the moment im using a https://www.amazon.com/Miller-Manuf...8&qid=1497917065&sr=8-3&keywords=chick+feeder
I had left over from chicks. These things are THE most wasteful feeders ive seen. Even the Quail are doing the head turn beak flop and slinging more out on the ground than they eat. Looked @ Ebay and found this lil set-up which looks promising.http://www.ebay.com/itm/Quail-feede...hash=item2386d2c208:m:mqwBKgzZ-WOOEmOZIPDATGQ
Since im a do it all myself type fellow, will prolly build one. Has anyone used this type feeder? Looks like it would stop the beak fling, and looks easy enough to build. Thanks.

I have not- but I use a chicken feeder and it works alright. My favorite type of feeding for quail though is to just throw their feed on the ground like hen scratch- they'll clean every piece up.

I like this. Their price cracks me up but the idea is solid. I use PVC for my chickens but may try this for the quail. I need to make the quail more automated.

I have not- but I use a chicken feeder and it works alright. My favorite type of feeding for quail though is to just throw their feed on the ground like hen scratch- they'll clean every piece up.
How do you know how much to give them? I"m new to quail, have two breeding groups in individual pens then my 10 x 10 aviary for the grow outs. I would love to just show some on the ground but don't they eat their poop too that way?

How do you know how much to give them? I"m new to quail, have two breeding groups in individual pens then my 10 x 10 aviary for the grow outs. I would love to just show some on the ground but don't they eat their poop too that way?
I just give them however much I feel, and over time you will get a feel for what they can clean up by the end of the day. And no, they do not eat their poop; they are not stupid and are a lot like chickens, just tiny wilder chickens:love

These look WAY better than the lil red things. Not a bad size either. But since i will have more birds, i opted to build what Ebay listed ( but dont tell anyone i built it way cheaper). Will get a few pics on later today...Got my Locktite plastic epoxy drying now.

cant wait to see what you come up with.

Back
Top Bottom