Quail grit

Fishychix

quando omni flunkus moritati
May 20, 2020
NE Ohio
I have been looking for smaller sized grit for my quail and can only find chick grit. It seems to only be sold in 5# bags and now I can only find it with probiotics. Here are pix. Will this be okay for them or can I just give them crushed granite grit I have for the chickens? It’s $7 for this 5# bag and the other stuff I already have cost only $10 for 50#.

Attachments

• C81223FA-4995-4591-A3AF-22CB283E7246.jpeg
    C81223FA-4995-4591-A3AF-22CB283E7246.jpeg
    354.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 85FDEF7D-D458-470F-870B-7DF7BAACDBA9.jpeg
    85FDEF7D-D458-470F-870B-7DF7BAACDBA9.jpeg
    348.7 KB · Views: 5
You only need grit if you're feeding them a lot of greens or food other than their regular game bird feed. I think mine find their own in the soil since I keep them on the ground, so I might not have ever needed to give them grit because of that.

You only need grit if you're feeding them a lot of greens or food other than their regular game bird feed. I think mine find their own in the soil since I keep them on the ground, so I might not have ever needed to give them grit because of that.
I want to give them some eggs and a few greens from time to time. I do it for the chickens a lot and feel bad the quail dont get any 🤣🤣🤣. I di feed them scratch when its super cold or windy.

I think they cockatiel grit. That would probably be the perfect size.
You know ive been looking for it but just cannot find it. I might have to use amaz_n 🤣🤣. Thanks!
Hows the house coming along? Have you broke ground?

You know ive been looking for it but just cannot find it. I might have to use amaz_n 🤣🤣. Thanks!
Hows the house coming along? Have you broke ground?
Not yet. I can't sell my rental until June. My tenants have lived there for 11 years and I'm not going to kick them out on short notice. I offered them first chance to buy, but they can't afford it.

Not yet. I can't sell my rental until June. My tenants have lived there for 11 years and I'm not going to kick them out on short notice. I offered them first chance to buy, but they can't afford it.
Youre an awesome landlord! So sad they couldnt afford it 🥺. Mortgages are rigged, I swear. JK :)
Play sand, probably fine pieces of mined rock. The kind you get at a home supply store.
I hear construction sand is better, not play sand. Ive switched to peat hummus/moss. It is much cheaper and they seem to love it just the same.

Back
Top Bottom