Quail has swollen sinuses... Please help

1 true Phoenix

Songster
Jul 15, 2017
We have 3 adult coturnix quails. The day before yesterday I noticed one seemed a little fluffed and was mouth breathing. Her nares seemed plugged or possibly swollen. She eats and drinks and still seems to be preening . I've been putting vet rx on her nares and under her wings to try to help her. Not sure if I should be giving her antibiotics or how else I can help her. These girls are our pets and we prefer to treat rather than cull.

1 true Phoenix

Songster
Jul 15, 2017
Is there anyone that could please advise on tylan 50 dose for coturnix quail as I need to try something before it's too late...

maadroj

Songster
May 25, 2019
I'm sorry, I wish I knew. I recently used justanswer.com to speak with a bird veterinarian. It cost $5 for a 7-day trial. She recommended children's Motrin at 0.5cc per 100g of bird body weight, to aid recovery for a serious head injury. Perhaps she or another vet there could advise you on the Tylan dose?

1 true Phoenix

Songster
Jul 15, 2017
I was able to find a tylan dose and had started her on it yesterday. This morning she seemed too weak and tired to eat and was having more trouble breathing due to her nares being swollen shut. We had to make the extremely difficult decision to put her down and end her suffering. She was much loved and will be missed.😢

1 true Phoenix

Songster
Jul 15, 2017
I'm sorry, I wish I knew. I recently used justanswer.com to speak with a bird veterinarian. It cost $5 for a 7-day trial. She recommended children's Motrin at 0.5cc per 100g of bird body weight, to aid recovery for a serious head injury. Perhaps she or another vet there could advise you on the Tylan dose?
Thank you very much for the info.🙂

Top Bottom