Quail has swollen sinuses... Please help

1 true Phoenix

Songster
6 Years
Jul 15, 2017
We have 3 adult coturnix quails. The day before yesterday I noticed one seemed a little fluffed and was mouth breathing. Her nares seemed plugged or possibly swollen. She eats and drinks and still seems to be preening . I've been putting vet rx on her nares and under her wings to try to help her. Not sure if I should be giving her antibiotics or how else I can help her. These girls are our pets and we prefer to treat rather than cull.

IMG_20200323_145356597.jpg

Is there anyone that could please advise on tylan 50 dose for coturnix quail as I need to try something before it's too late...

I'm sorry, I wish I knew. I recently used justanswer.com to speak with a bird veterinarian. It cost $5 for a 7-day trial. She recommended children's Motrin at 0.5cc per 100g of bird body weight, to aid recovery for a serious head injury. Perhaps she or another vet there could advise you on the Tylan dose?

I'm sorry, I wish I knew. I recently used justanswer.com to speak with a bird veterinarian. It cost $5 for a 7-day trial. She recommended children's Motrin at 0.5cc per 100g of bird body weight, to aid recovery for a serious head injury. Perhaps she or another vet there could advise you on the Tylan dose?
Thank you very much for the info.🙂

Back
Top Bottom