Quail Wing Issues

KAD

Hatching
Oct 24, 2023
First of all, I’ve never posted on here before so I apologize if I’m doing it wrong.

I have 3 pet coturnix quail and yesterday one was holding her wing funny, and today it’s all crusty looking. Does anyone have any suggestions on what it might be or how to help her? There are no vets anywhere near me who will even look at quail.

Attachments

• Resized_20231024_180015.jpeg
    Resized_20231024_180015.jpeg
    545.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Resized_20231024_180022.jpeg
    Resized_20231024_180022.jpeg
    52.8 KB · Views: 17
First of all, I’ve never posted on here before so I apologize if I’m doing it wrong.

I have 3 pet coturnix quail and yesterday one was holding her wing funny, and today it’s all crusty looking. Does anyone have any suggestions on what it might be or how to help her? There are no vets anywhere near me who will even look at quail.
To me it looks like she scraped her skin off on her wing I would clean it out and apply an anti biotic. It could even be broken so I’m going to tag some people who are more experienced at this then me. I hope she gets better. @Wyorp Rock
@Nabiki

Also a very big :welcome we are very glad to have you here

Two things to keep in mind with my advice. One, I'm not a vet. Two, I'm looking at a picture, so I may not be seeing things accurately.

That does not look like a recent injury. From what I can see, the tissue looks necrotic, which isn't good. I would start by making sure everything is clean so you can get a really good look at it. If you have something like neosporin or other anti-bacterial cream, put it on there, but make sure it doesn't contain any pain killers. Some pain killers are toxic to birds.

Post new pics after everything has been cleaned.

poor guy, that sure is a cutie:hmm

Back
Top Bottom