Quail hatch. Follow along.

Pics
Well I have some incredibly sad news, only 6 survived from the 10 and 3 of those 6 had splayed legs. I took them outside to introduce them to my other quail and I left them in there for an hour and they were gone when I came back along with a couple of the gambles. I noticed the gate was open as well. I checked the trail camera to see what happened and a cat opened the gate and snuck in. I’m sure you know what happened next but 3/4 gambles that disappeared reappeared about an hour ago. As of now all of my snowflakes are gone.
I'm so sorry, you must be so sad! :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs I hope in the future you can hatch again or something else really awesome happens for you!

Well I have some incredibly sad news, only 6 survived from the 10 and 3 of those 6 had splayed legs. I took them outside to introduce them to my other quail and I left them in there for an hour and they were gone when I came back along with a couple of the gambles. I noticed the gate was open as well. I checked the trail camera to see what happened and a cat opened the gate and snuck in. I’m sure you know what happened next but 3/4 gambles that disappeared reappeared about an hour ago. As of now all of my snowflakes are gone.
What type of setup do you have? Maybe there is something you can edit do this doesn't happen again? Again I'm so sorry they are all gone😔 how many Gamble quail do you still have?

I'm so sorry, you must be so sad! :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs I hope in the future you can hatch again or something else really awesome happens for you!
What type of setup do you have? Maybe there is something you can edit do this doesn't happen again? Again I'm so sorry they are all gone😔 how many Gamble quail do you still have?
Thank you. I looked at my setup and there isn’t much that I can edit, the only reason the cat was able to get it was because I forgot to put the lock on the fence before leaving. All of my gambles except 1 returned. I don’t think I’ve said anything about this but I released 7 gambles quail just outside of the pen and they are doing great they have stuck around the whole time it’s been 8 weeks now since I released them. Other than that I have 20 quail inside of the pen.

Thank you. I looked at my setup and there isn’t much that I can edit, the only reason the cat was able to get it was because I forgot to put the lock on the fence before leaving. All of my gambles except 1 returned. I don’t think I’ve said anything about this but I released 7 gambles quail just outside of the pen and they are doing great they have stuck around the whole time it’s been 8 weeks now since I released them. Other than that I have 20 quail inside of the pen.
Well although it's terribly sad you don't have any more of your Bob Whites, at least the Gamble quail are doing great!!! Are the ones you released going to be okay in winter?

I hate that some people let their cats free roam, all they do is kill everything! A stray cat killed my favorite chicken Fluffbum a few months ago. I hope your Gamble quail continue to do great!

Well although it's terribly sad you don't have any more of your Bob Whites, at least the Gamble quail are doing great!!! Are the ones you released going to be okay in winter?

I hate that some people let their cats free roam, all they do is kill everything! A stray cat killed my favorite chicken Fluffbum a few months ago. I hope your Gamble quail continue to do great!
I'm sorry about Fluffbum. I agree, cats shouldn't be let out at night, especially without a bell.

Thank you, yes they will be fine in the winter, there are several wild gambles around my property that come and hang out with my gamebels it’s a pretty cool sight. I agree stray cats are the worst.

Thank you, yes they will be fine in the winter, there are several wild gambles around my property that come and hang out with my gamebels it’s a pretty cool sight. I agree stray cats are the worst.
Wow that must be so cool! Seeing your birds living free and surviving with the others. Who knows they might even breed near or even on your property!

Hey everyone. I just wanted to update you all on the quail. As of now I’m down to 14 inside the enclosure, a rat snuck inside and killed 6 of my adult quail. I still have not found how he got in everything is covered up. As far as the quail living in the wild they still are around the enclosure 24/7 but one of them was attacked by something and doesn’t seem like he’s going to make it. Sorry there hasn’t been many positive things to update you all on :(

Hey everyone. I just wanted to update you all on the quail. As of now I’m down to 14 inside the enclosure, a rat snuck inside and killed 6 of my adult quail. I still have not found how he got in everything is covered up. As far as the quail living in the wild they still are around the enclosure 24/7 but one of them was attacked by something and doesn’t seem like he’s going to make it. Sorry there hasn’t been many positive things to update you all on :(
Sad:hugs

Back
Top Bottom