Quail hatch happening as we speak....

SamG347

Songster
12 Years
Mar 4, 2007
PA
12 eggs in the hatcher....soo far 2 Brown chicks and 1 Texas A&M. About 3-4 more eggs pipped....1-2 rocking. These were a swap from a friend. Not really hoping for anything special but a suprise would be nice! Also have 15+ Fawn/Ginger eggs coming the end of the week.

Also if this thing ends up saying ROOSTER...it is suppose to say E.G.G.S

thumbsup.gif

Thanks guys....4 chicks hatched....one got under the wire in the incubator and died. I hate how the wire comes for the incubators...it is never level. I tryed putting incubator trays around the perimeter to keep them away from it but looks like the one still found it. I have 2 more eggs pipped and another 1-2 rocking.
The 3 remaining chicks are....
1 Texas A&M
1 Brown
1 Golden

Will update after I get home.
big_smile.png

Sam,
Ours hatched yesterday and some were still coming out and/or wet this morning. I got some pics last night but haven't run them thru the photo mill yet. I have no idea how many there are, I was scooping them up by the double handfull this morning and putting them in the brooder. I don't forsee any quail shortage in Eastern NC in the near future. Well...... until they get big enough.
smile.png

Steve in NC

Sounds good Sands! I have the following chicks in the brooder...

2 Goldens
1 Texas A&M
1 Brown

Another egg upstairs pipped...not sure about the other eggs. I always leave my hatches go for 3-5 days after due date. Also got my Fawn/Ginger eggs in the mail today....9 are good to go!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom