Quail in Wyoming

Quote:
you'd think that if they were wanting you to follow the correct procedure /state laws they'd have someone who knows about said laws etc... go figure the gov. is clueless again!

that's how our Gov. works. They know you have to fill out a form, but they never know which one. There is a form for everything, so I guess they just have too many to keep track of.

Back to WFG... The permitting officer says that all that is needed is a certificate of veterinary inspection, issued by the state of origin. She says that is all she ever receives from any shippers.

Contacting one of the regular pheasant shippers, to clarify with them, what their form says.

I think regulations are specifically designed to wear you out.

Laura

Amen to that.

I'm glad game birds aren't regulated here. The only thing you have to have a permit to keep is native waterfowl, like wood ducks and widgeons.

All of that fancy wording and that's all you need. What a screwed up thing!!

Why can't they just revise it to plain English and just say "All game birds imported into the state of Wyoming must be accompanied by a Veterinary Certificate from their state of origin." that would make a whole bunch more sense than that whole two paragraph B.S.

If that's really all you need.

The permitting officer is the one who supposedly checks the certificates. She says it has to be on official state letterhead - issued from the state.

That isn't what the regulation says AT ALL. But she says that is all she ever gets, and that it meets the requirements.

I am still not getting it - I don't know if I am missing something, or if it really is as screwed up as it feels.

Laura

Buy eggs. Pretend you never knew the form requirement existed. Enjoy hatching your new quail.

Have you never read hitch hiker's guide to the galaxy?

NEVER draw attention to yourself by asking for permission! LOL

Last edited:
Well, I already have the possession permit. They'll check up on me. If I have quail and cannot show a sales receipt, I will be prosecuted for not obeying a law that the state could not tell me how to obey!

I'd buy eggs, but the incubator we have is not going to be sufficient to hatch them. It is incredibly difficult to control the temperature on it, so if I even leave for a few hours, or sleep through the night, it will be way too high, or way too low. Don't have enough broody bantams to hatch them now either.

Even if I buy eggs, I still have to have the health certification on them.

Laura

Quote:
IF THEY CANT TELL YOU HOW TO OBEY IT THEN THEY CANNOT ENFORCE IT.

"WHAT EGGS?! I GOT THOSE FROM A GUY 3 COUNTIES OVER, HE WAS SELLING THEM ON CRAIGSLIST ABOUT 5 MONTHS BACK. I DROVE OVER THERE AND MET HIM IN FRONT OF THE ZIPPIE MART, PAID HIM THE MONEY AND DROVE THEM BACK TO MY FARM....."

BESIDES, THEY CANT EVEN TELL YOU THEIR PROCESS OR DIRECT YOU TO THE APPROPRIATE PAPERWORK, WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THEY WILL CHECK UP ON YOU, AND IF THEY DID DO YOU REALLY THINK THEY COULD EVER SUCCESSFULLY GET THEIR STUFF TOGATHER TO MAKE A CASE AGAINST YOU? I MEAN REALY THE ONLY LESS POPULATED STATE YOU COULD GO TO FROM WHERE YOUR AT IS MONTANA
smile.png

NOW I AM NOT 1 TO ADVOCATE DOING STUFF AGAINST THE RULES, BUT YOU'VE BEEN A GOOD GIRL AND DONE ALL THE RIGHT THINGS,( AND KUDOS TO YOU FOR IT TOO
smile.png
) GOT YOUR PERMIT BEFORE THE BIRDS AND PAID YOUR FEES , ETC, ETC, ETC... IT SEEMS TO ME YOU'VE DONE THE RIGHT THING, AND THE DINGLE BRAINS IN CONTROL CANT EVEN ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS REALISTICALLY. I GOTTA SIDE WITH WIFEZILLA ON THIS 1. GO AND GET YOUR EGGS AND START USING THE PERMIT YOU HAVE OBTAINED... SOONER OR LATER YOU HAVE SAY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. ITS NOT LIKE YOUR TRYING TO FARM LIONS OR POLAR BEARS OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT...

Back
Top Bottom