Quail made an egg call but no egg

Status
Not open for further replies.
I plan on changing all of that, I was going to change the cage, change the food, get more quails at least. I want to change this by the end of the month, and I got the quail 3 weeks ago
Makes the changes and you may start getting eggs. All of the things mentioned have a huge affect on health. If the bird isn't happy and healthy it's not going to lay.

So, the quail laid right after you got her, and not since. That sounds right. The move, the feed, the environment all contribute to her lack of laying. I think that what you're hearing as egg song is simply the cry of an unhappy hen.

So, the quail laid right after you got her, and not since. That sounds right. The move, the feed, the environment all contribute to her lack of laying. I think that what you're hearing as egg song is simply the cry of an unhappy hen.
Yesterday was my first time hearing it ever

Yesterday was my first time hearing it ever
I'm still thinking unhappy hen. She might start to lay because she's getting used to her environment, but it's really not ideal. You can expect an egg a day a couple weeks after you make the changes you plan on.

The sounds online are identical
I understand that you hear egg song and haven't gotten the expected egg. Living creatures have rules, but are complex enough to have exceptions. @Kiki and I have been telling you why you're not getting eggs.

I have heard egg song from my birds before and/or after they've laid an egg. I'm not sure why your hen is making the sound, but I do know that the set up you have for her isn't great.

It sounds like you're not willing to take the junk food from her diet, and plan to make changes to her environment and get her some hen friends, but as it is now, you may or may not get eggs.

You may want to read the articles here to help you decide on how you want to proceed from here.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/categories/quail.32/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom