Quail noise vs chickens

Are quails less noisy that chickens or the same specially if there at least one female quail and one male quail or several females?
Quails are not as noisy as chickens. A roo's crow is not as loud and are rather cute, as you swear you hear them spouting off a "quote" I have one that sounds like he is saying, "Pick me" another that says, "Alright", also hear "Get back here", "spoiled brat" & "Perfect Brat". LOL

The noise level is much lower. I can hear both if they're in the floor below me, but I can only hear the chicken male at a quarter mile.

They seem to (when happy) make small "We-yop" sounds, instead of a cluck, and don't have an egg song that I'm aware of

In my neighborhood there are a couple flocks of chickens, a rooster, hawks, hummingbirds, and songbirds. All of those are noisier than my female quail. Mature males shouldn't crow much, maybe once a day unless they think there are more females around (say in a different cage).

Definity not as loud as chicken roosters. It depends on the tolerance of your neighbors and the lay of your land. Some quail males can be quite loud at times, others not so much. Sound can bounce around and be louder or more quiet in certain conditions. Definitely not as loud as a chicken rooster and not as frequent but quail can screech at times. However as stated above, they make more quiet little noises much of the day.

Back
Top Bottom