Quail not mating

Today when i woke up, I found this baby dead
. IMG20200724105827.jpg
He was very weak with his toes closed and couldn't stand. Was not eating or drinking. So I thought it was nature's way to keep only the best ones.
But then, an hour later, when i went to see the babies, all were lying dead😣, all of them.😣😣😣
At this point, I made a loud scream. And,................... hearing my scream, all of them got up startled and ran towards one corner😂. They were lying in such random positions that i thought them to be dead.
All of them are doing good and eating and drinking and playing 😻.
And the three eggs, that were to hatch on 23rd, unfortunately, none of them hatched. And I also received 1kg packet of the chick starter feed, and it looks similar to the layer crumbles. It was manually packed, and not in commercial packing. But they say it has 22-24% protein. The feed i give to my quails has18-20% protein, there's not much difference. And i have discarded the egg that I talked about in previous post.

Today when i woke up, I found this baby dead
.View attachment 2259911
He was very weak with his toes closed and couldn't stand. Was not eating or drinking. So I thought it was nature's way to keep only the best ones.
But then, an hour later, when i went to see the babies, all were lying dead😣, all of them.😣😣😣
At this point, I made a loud scream. And,................... hearing my scream, all of them got up startled and ran towards one corner😂. They were lying in such random positions that i thought them to be dead.
All of them are doing good and eating and drinking and playing 😻.
And the three eggs, that were to hatch on 23rd, unfortunately, none of them hatched. And I also received 1kg packet of the chick starter feed, and it looks similar to the layer crumbles. It was manually packed, and not in commercial packing. But they say it has 22-24% protein. The feed i give to my quails has18-20% protein, there's not much difference. And i have discarded the egg that I talked about in previous post.
That's still low on protein for quail chicks. I would keep feeding them cooked egg yolk or cat food mixed in there.

Don't know what happened. She was being very protective of herself for two days. She was chasing everyone and beating them and pecking at them. Her right foot had also swollen. I posted a thread about her behaviour. When they replied to the thread, i posted some pics of her. After an hour when i went to see if she was still chasing everyone, i found her dead with her last egg lying close to her. Her body had become very stiff. I don't know what happenedView attachment 2250410
@Nabiki @Fenrisulfr @Kiki @Flockincrazy @FlocksOfFluff @Quailobsessed please reply.
My white hen is behaving the same way as my golden hen that died recently. She is also chasing everyone and pecking at every baby and adult quail. I have checked her feet, they are okay, but she also seems to be in pain. She is constantly going here and there along the wall. And then pecking all the chicks and big quails. I have closed her in her cage. What if she dies too??? Its her day two of same behaviour. The golden hen also died after two days. What should i do now?? There is no vet in my city. Should i wait for her to get well/or die. Or should i slaughter her, before anything happens.?

I have no idea. Only thing I can imagine is stress, but I cannot tell why.
How much is the age difference of the old birds to the youngster?

Hen is 6 months old chicks are maybe like 20 days old. The hen had adopted the chicks when they were young but now she attacks the chicks as well as the adults. She should not be in stress because they have plenty of space to roam about and plenty of hiding places and dustbatg places.

She is in protective mode all the time with feathers puffed up, face lower and the back lifted up, whenever someone comes near she pounces on it and then chasing and pecking starts

Back
Top Bottom