Quail on Deep Litter - Why it Works

Pics
LOLLLLLL! you are making my day, hahaha!!! 3 year old's parents need to get a video of their son's explaination for the floating fish. Show it to him when he's older. My birds and animals all make me laugh but not as much and hard as I used to with the kids and grandkids. Everyone has moved away or just to busy living their lives to visit much anymore. I miss them but fill in with birds, 2 dogs and 2 cats.

Don't feel bad about the fish. My 3 year old nephew is slaughtering them faster than you could hope to. His parents put them in the water troughs for their cattle and goats. He takes them out to play with them, then tells his mom they're just sleeping when she asks why they are floating around the trough.

We played pretty hard momma, he's tired...

He thinks he's a great liar. You can see him thinking he is getting away with it.
0.jpg

Great thread! I live in sweden, and I have to say that I am a little bit chocked over the pens in some threads with wire mesh floors. Here in sweden that is illegal so I am glad to see that there are people who use other methods!
thumbsup.gif

Here, their feet are not likely to freeze to the wire.

My birds are on wire and spend most of their time singing the happy song.

You can be "chocked" all you want, but its never a good idea to enter a room with an insult.

Welcome to BYC.

Thanks! It´s not an insult, it´s a reflection. I think the law here isn´t made up out of nothing, so that could be another reason if you are considering DL. I don´t think the winters are to blame for the law either, actually it´s much milder where I live than in many states in USA, the laws about keeping quails and other animals are to be sure that the animals have a good life with their natural behaviors intact. That is simply not possible on wire mesh floor.

Last edited:
I had my 9 White Bobwhite quail on wire but read how much happier they are on the ground so put them in a 8 by 28 foot aviary with 9 foot height. They love it!!!!!!!!!! All day they are up and down on roosts......even sleep on a roost about 5 feet high. They dig holes and take dirt baths. I could never put them back on wire. Mine are pets so I want whats best for them. Perhaps if I were breeding for eggs or meat and had a lot of quail I'd have to keep them on wire or I'd be cleaning small cages/pens all day. I'm not one to have birds or animals to feed myself or others. To me they are little beings that have rights and deserve a good life. YES, I'll eat their eggs but never them. I worm them every 6 months along with my 3 pet pheasant and many peafowl.

LOL, I'm sure some of you will have some fun with my feelings on the matter. Different strokes for different folks!!!!

Back
Top Bottom