Quail or serama?

Ch0ckenh4thchingqueen

In the Brooder
Dec 8, 2020
Hi, I recently purchased 12 hatching silkie eggs off eBay and one is not a silkie. they do sell quail and serama eggs so some sort of mix up happened. any thoughts if this chick is quail serama or something else?

IMG_1551.jpeg
IMG_1553.jpeg

Good morning😊, How come you think its only a Serama or Quail? Couldn't be a bantam breed? Just curious on how you identified this chick as a Serama? I have several Serama and the chicks didn't look like that, color anyway.. Mine are Serama, I do know that..they just didnt start out with that particular color scheme..I'm just trying to learn as much as I can from everyone here..as this is the BEST group of chicken breeders/ farmers/ lovers anywhere! Thanks friends, Trish.

Hi, I recently purchased 12 hatching silkie eggs off eBay and one is not a silkie. they do sell quail and serama eggs so some sort of mix up happened. any thoughts if this chick is quail serama or something else?

View attachment 2614225View attachment 2614227
Definitely not a quail or silkie as quail would be much smaller an well, silkies would be much fluffier and have floof on their legs, so I’m leaning towards a serama

Back
Top Bottom