Fluffy Feather Farm
12 Years
Jan 26, 2010
Texas, Panhandle
Button Eggs
DSC_0626.jpg

DSC_0624.jpg

DSC_0623.jpg

Buddy - My sweet, friendly male button baby!
love.gif

DSC_0620.jpg

DSC_0619.jpg

DSC_0611.jpg

DSC_0610.jpg

DSC_0607.jpg

DSC_0606.jpg

DSC_0605.jpg

DSC_0604.jpg

DSC_0590.jpg

Some of my other buttons that haven't been paired up yet -
DSC_0618.jpg

DSC_0616.jpg

DSC_0615.jpg

DSC_0614.jpg

DSC_0603.jpg

DSC_0602.jpg

DSC_0601.jpg

DSC_0600.jpg

DSC_0595.jpg

DSC_0594.jpg

DSC_0592.jpg

DSC_0588.jpg

Breeding Pens - I only had enought bottle for four pens, that is why I still have a bunch of un-paired buttons.
DSC_0586.jpg

DSC_0585.jpg

DSC_0584.jpg

DSC_0583.jpg

DSC_0582.jpg

DSC_0581.jpg

DSC_0580.jpg

DSC_0579.jpg

DSC_0578.jpg

DSC_0571.jpg

Black Faced Male & Red Breasted Hen
DSC_0576.jpg

DSC_0575.jpg

DSC_0574.jpg

DSC_0572.jpg

I have more on PhotoBucket but it won't let me see them!
he.gif

Maybe more later..
In the big dog cage I have: 2 Wild Type Males, 1 Pair of Cinnamon Tuxedos, 1 Silver Blue Faced, 1 Silver? 1 Pied, 1 Black Tuxedo. Buddy is in my room.
In the breeding cages: there are 3 pairs of Wild Types and then I have one mixed pair, a Black Faced Male and a Red Breasted Female.

Alexandra, I have another Silver hen..she is just a solid silver color. I don't think there is a pic of her in the pics -
hmm.png

Last edited:
hi! I am new here, just saw your pix and wanted to ask about raising quail. I wanted to, then so many people tell me, well, you cant turn them loose (no chance of surviving this cruel world) and that they are pretty much only raised for game (ha..tame game) ..so I sorta gave up on them but with some encouragement I probably would give it a go..i have silkies now and some other oddities. Tell me about your quail? Sounds like u r in love with them! They appear gentle and pretty tame,or are they um.."flighty"? I just have no idea what they would be like, but I have a perfect place for them. I think. Best wishes! ingrid

it really depends on the species.
Button Quail like what was pictured are for looking at and for colors .. they are small and temperature sensitive and should always be indoors .They are monogamous and should be housed in 1 male 1 female pairs as they are territorial.They cannot survive in the wild at all.

Coturnix are bigger( 5-12 ounces). Used for egg production and meat as well as color breeding projects.They should be housed 1 male to 45 females .they require at least 1 square foot of space for each bird. They can become very tame but are not suitable for release into the wild.They do not incubaote their own eggs,this must be done with an incubator.

Bobwhite ...well, other people can tell you about Bobwhite.They are generally very aggressive...

Quote:
frow.gif
Houdy
frow.gif

Yes, they're all my little sweeties!
love.gif
Buddy, is really the only Tame button I have. He is just my 'bud!
love.gif
bow.gif
love.gif
He currently is living in my room. You're probably thinking "I bet her room smells like ____" Well it really doesn't smell at all!
smile.png
I let him fly/run around my room a few times a day. He will sit calmly in my hand and snuggle in my Sweat-Top pockets!
lol.png

My other quail are Very Flighty and scared to death of me. If they're handled alot when they're babies they can become very tame. Buddy was out of my 1st hatch so I really just messed w/ him alot!
Send me a PM and will discuss this further - God Bless

Quote:
REALLY, I laughed so much, I am still crying. 1M/45F Those girls are going to just love that boy to death. Literally. Oh my goodness, what a typo. She meant 1M/4-5F and that will work out much better. They can become somewhat tame but never forget they can and will kill each other if the mood strikes. And it will from time to time.

Mrs Fluffy Puffy - where is Angel and Zeus. I was expecting to see an update on them.

Aren't those bottles a bit big for buttons? Why don't you get parakeet water founts? They work just as well and are probably at least a couple dollars cheaper. Plus you don't have to worry about the buttons getting showered every time they need a drink.

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
They're good. I'm pretty sure they both started to lay...which one wa Zeus?
hmm.png

Zeus was the one you took pic of with Angel. The one with the flight cap and dark back. Is that her in the background of several of the pictures. OK, need to change her name, maybe Zada or Hera.​

Back
Top Bottom