Quail prolapse - new quail owner v worried

You are moving them from one cage to another?
I'm confused.
Ah I never thought about them eating just the seeds. Darn. Thanks for that. I'm sure one of the links I did buy was that pic but like you said it came in its own bag and not like the branded one. I'll find a place to get the branded one from.

So this is my set up. And I saw off a nothrr quail person on here they move theirs every month and their quail have gotten used to it. I really wanted them on the ground so they can forage for insects.

So first pic they were bottom of the garden and now I've moved them up.

Attachments

• 20230529_144449.jpg
    20230529_144449.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1
  • 20230707_133059.jpg
    20230707_133059.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
Ah I never thought about them eating just the seeds. Darn. Thanks for that. I'm sure one of the links I did buy was that pic but like you said it came in its own bag and not like the branded one. I'll find a place to get the branded one from.

So this is my set up. And I saw off a nothrr quail person on here they move theirs every month and their quail have gotten used to it. I really wanted them on the ground so they can forage for insects.

So first pic they were bottom of the garden and now I've moved them up.
They aren't going to be getting insects in that small of an area. The bugs will probably stay away.

Hopefullly your quail get used to being moved often. I don't know how else you can keep things clean with this set up other than to move it often. Sorry I can't think of an ideas to help.

They aren't going to be getting insects in that small of an area. The bugs will probably stay away.

Hopefullly your quail get used to being moved often. I don't know how else you can keep things clean with this set up other than to move it often. Sorry I can't think of an ideas to help.
No problem at all @Kiki you've helped me more than enough with the food info and everything else. Thank you so much.

I've kept an eye on the quail in question and she's been the first to go exploring! From what I can see she is looking better than she did.

Back
Top Bottom