Quail questions

AndrewP07

Chirping
Aug 17, 2023
So I’ve wanted quail for quite a while now. Specifically coturnix quail. I mostly want them for their eggs. But at the same time, I would really love to have a few button quail as pets. My questions are 1- can they be kept together if they are raised as chicks? It’s not crucial that they are, because I can build them a seperate cage, but I’m just curious. 2- do they both eat the same food? And what food is it? Not just regular chicken layer mash that I have for my chickens? Thanks in advance

So I’ve wanted quail for quite a while now. Specifically coturnix quail. I mostly want them for their eggs. But at the same time, I would really love to have a few button quail as pets. My questions are 1- can they be kept together if they are raised as chicks? It’s not crucial that they are, because I can build them a seperate cage, but I’m just curious. 2- do they both eat the same food? And what food is it? Not just regular chicken layer mash that I have for my chickens? Thanks in advance
They shouldn't be kept in the cage cage only if they are in large aviaryd. They need a male to female ratio. I actually have articles on both of these type of quail. I can give you a link to them if you want?

You don't want to have Cot's and Buttons in the same cage, they don't 'speak' the same language and Cot's are way bigger than Buttons.
Yes, you can feed them both a complete and balanced gamebird feed ration, of at least 24% protein.

Back
Top Bottom