quail sizes

I'm gone to bed. Meanwhile, tonight, will somebody PLEASE construct, invent, design, super-breed ......... a 48 oz. Bobwhite that "matures" in 12 weeks???
tongue.png

Quote:
SO WHAT DOES MEAT HAVE TO DO WITH THIS STRING/ THRAD ANYHOW???

Today 9:23 pm What color meat do you want? should be part of the decision, most are dark meat not sure how many are white but I raise the Texas A&M and they have many names but are basicly white on the outside and inside I like them and sell to several restraunts. They say the are the ones that sell best I like them for there size about 12 to 16 oz on the hoof so two are a good meal. They are a fun lot to mess with. I pickle the eggs and sell to beer joints. I only reproduce for size and color and no inbreed trates like circling or head bobing. I refuse to sell them no reason but will not do it. I have many friends that will take them gladly. I give breeding sets to my friends and a lot of them little buggers are showing up. If your into a dark meat and a good size and an eatable egg the Chucker has a bigger egg and are very tasty. At present I am not doing the native Texas(Blue)quail but next year I will and hope to live ling enough to see a covey fly in the free as I ride my bike down the road as they did when I was a kid. The ramblings of an old man​

i also wanted to know where the harlequin quail in the united states originated from because i heard they came from welwyn quail.com from a man in the uk

Quote:
OP wasn't asking about meat type birds, and all those quail type. IMO beat those white weeds. white meat?? 16 oz ??? if you have those , you got lots of buyer on here. but we need proof.......

Last edited:
Birdman, On the Harlequin quail question, I have checked some into that and apparently a large number of eggs have recently been imported from Africa by a couple different people or collaborating groups in the UK, and a bunch of them ended up with a breeder in the NE. They have turned out to breed really well. What do you know about what's at Wellwyn?

i have been talking to him about his quail and if he was able to send me eggs but he said he will send me some when his quail are laying eggs i've asked for harlequin quail, jungle bush quail and rain quail he said he'll tell me when there available as he has a long list of buyers for those birds he told me by june. i hope i get some as they are rare quail.

Quote:
Ya mean ya don't believe in " MOBY QUAIL"
yippiechickie.gif

THAR SHE BLOWS!!!!!!

Go get em Captain Ahab!

Why is it so hard for intelligent people to dismiss a stupid wrong 40+ year old myth?

For anyone that wishes to raise cotunix for any reason...Please scrap the "All white meat" myth. There isn't some mutant (ALL WHITE MEAT) strain of coturnix out there for you to find. A coturnix is a coturnix is a coturnix. Nothing more!

The whole thing is counter productive to a real coturnix business model!

I know a guy that has the real deal.....Yup, I know a guy that is under federal supervision. Keep looking kiddies!

No not Tommy and am a James my family has a small port town named after it on the Costal Bend.

snake173

P.S. Opinions are like the part that goes over the fence last everyone has one some people tell you what they have learned some just come to make fooles of those who come here for fun and I don't need it have found that this is a great place till you post then the no it alls will jump you how I spell is the result of a war wound and I shaker badly but will not speake here again for the darn no it alls I am 65 and Have been doing this for 40+ if I am doing it wrong will keep at it. Whe you can hatch 90+% of a wild bird in a cage then put me down.

TAM'S are not that big a deal university of Cali at Davis had the same big birds or larger 30 years earlier then Texas they just did not market them like the folks in Texas did LOL I started with English whites on purpose just to prove that by culling the small ones and breeding the bigger birds with bigger eggs make bigger chicks theory it ain,t like it is rocket science . If someone has the original strain of the TAM bird and they have not introduced "NEW BLOOD" then they have a bunch of inbred birds if they have introduced " NEW BLOOD" then they do not have the original strain that ain,t hard either.
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Oh BTW I bred Bobs last year, my Bobs that were born last season produced chicks for me .......Last season!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom