Quail suddenly not moving, trouble walking/eating, head down

Thank you for saying that, though I feel it is a little disingenuous to follow a statement like "I'm sorry for your loss" with a link that is clearly intended to make someone feel bad, wrong, or worse about an already very sad situation. The purpose of a site like this is to help each other, not to hurt each other.

Putting aside the hurt your comment caused, I want to reiterate that I completely understand where you are coming from. I am a scientist and I also think there is a lot of nonsense out in the world, and I can see why you might think this falls into that category. It is precisely because there is so much nonsense on the internet that I choose to trust my licensed, experienced vet over a webmd article. As an ecologist, I also want to clarify that the article you cited does not make a distinction between Strychnos nux-vomica (the tree, whose ingested parts are fatal) and Nux Vomica the over-the-counter product, which (as you very rightly pointed out) does not contain active ingredients in quantities sufficient to cause the kind of reactions listed in the article you've just shared. In any case, the article is written about use in humans, not in felines or poultry.

One thing that I love about quails is that they always remind me to be kind and gentle. That's a lesson I think we all could take to heart in this world.

Thank you everyone who tried to help us with sweet Coriander. We'll be reinforcing the quail hutches with padding in hopes we don't encounter anything like this again.

We use organic natural products when we can for our cows and birds too. :hugs I feel like you did what you felt was right, and the bird obviously had issues that couldn't be fixed with drugs anyway, so good call. đź‘Ť

Thank you for saying that, though I feel it is a little disingenuous to follow a statement like "I'm sorry for your loss" with a link that is clearly intended to make someone feel bad, wrong, or worse about an already very sad situation. The purpose of a site like this is to help each other, not to hurt each other.

Putting aside the hurt your comment caused, I want to reiterate that I completely understand where you are coming from. I am a scientist and I also think there is a lot of nonsense out in the world, and I can see why you might think this falls into that category. It is precisely because there is so much nonsense on the internet that I choose to trust my licensed, experienced vet over a webmd article. As an ecologist, I also want to clarify that the article you cited does not make a distinction between Strychnos nux-vomica (the tree, whose ingested parts are fatal) and Nux Vomica the over-the-counter product, which (as you very rightly pointed out) does not contain active ingredients in quantities sufficient to cause the kind of reactions listed in the article you've just shared. In any case, the article is written about use in humans, not in felines or poultry.

One thing that I love about quails is that they always remind me to be kind and gentle. That's a lesson I think we all could take to heart in this world.

Thank you everyone who tried to help us with sweet Coriander. We'll be reinforcing the quail hutches with padding in hopes we don't encounter anything like this again.
Disregard the prior bigoted remarks you clearly care for your animals and give them the best quality of life, it doesn't sound like much could have been done to save the quail but good on you for trying.

Back
Top Bottom