Quail - Will roos try to "mate" with anything other than birds?

als77

Songster
Jan 31, 2021
Europe
Regarding bachelor-pens with hormones raging I came to think of my dog who is happy (?) humping a teddybear.
Has anyone had any experience with roos trying to mate with teddybears or anything other than birds?
If so, then that would be a good addition for a bachelor-pen for them to unleach their hormones on, hopefully reducing the probability of fighting.

My lone quail rooster that hatched out of a batch of shipped eggs found my feet irresistible... well, actually it was my thermal socks, but they were on my feet more often than not. Haha. He had grown up with a pair of those socks in his cage in place of a stuffy and so maybe that’s why... 🤷🏼‍♀️ You could always offer them some options and see if any of them... ring their bell. Haha.

Regarding bachelor-pens with hormones raging I came to think of my dog who is happy (?) humping a teddybear.
Has anyone had any experience with roos trying to mate with teddybears or anything other than birds?
If so, then that would be a good addition for a bachelor-pen for them to unleach their hormones on, hopefully reducing the probability of fighting.
Mine humps stuffed animals

Any size of stuffed animals?
Pretty much once they get pent-up and are mature enough to hump after a while they dont care if they fall over trying to hump it we have given anubis big and small ones to try on lol,

Lets see he started with a gariaffee then got a pink monkey now has a penguin bigger then him so he dont fall as much humping it

Example A warning horny quail.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210302-041814_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210302-041814_Gallery.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 6
He got his 🦒 which he started humping right away, had to wash it

Back
Top Bottom