Quails are funny little birds...

My button quail arranges his little house, He picks up random things off the floor that he finds. It's almost like he is decorating... On Thanksgiving, I had a tight grip on him. He seemed as if he wasn't gonna fly away. Sure enough, the second I trusted him off he goes! Over the entire kitchen. He lands on the trashcan. As soon as I go to get him off he goes again. I caught him mid-air. It looked like he was flying in Slo-mo

Quail are super smart little birds! I had mine clicker trained to go from the aviary into their rabbit hutch in the attached greenhouse at night. They would all file in when they heard the clicking! Well except one, Simon, cranky little bugger. :gig

Big personality in a tiny package!

Quail are super smart little birds! I had mine clicker trained to go from the aviary into their rabbit hutch in the attached greenhouse at night. They would all file in when they heard the clicking! Well except one, Simon, cranky little bugger. :gig

Big personality in a tiny package!
That's awesome, I have never heard of clicker trained quails, There is always the one who doest cooperate. :lol:

That's awesome, I have never heard of clicker trained quails, There is always the one who doest cooperate. :lol:
They learn fast! I had a lot of Quail at the time, very large aviary and it was the only way to move them. Yep, Simon was quite the character, he was a Bobwhite, he lived to be 7.5 yrs old! I miss the little guy. 💖
DSCN1651.JPG

Yes he did! He died of old age, got really sweet in the end, wanted to lap sit and such. Fun little guy. :love
That is adorable, they each have their own little personalities. I love pictures of quails close up! They look so cute! My quail is a bit small... I don't trust him out of the cage just yet. He hasn't got his wings clipped yet. He will act calm then... BAM off he goes. I can't get over that you said they walk in a single file line. That is awesome!

Back
Top Bottom