Quails - Day 17

quail2012

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 28, 2012
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have 12 quail eggs in a incubator, it is currently day 17.

I have just noticed a very small crack in on of the eggs and was wounding if this could be the start of pipping? Or is pipping when a full piece of come off the egg?

Well the one which had the crack in it yesterday has hatched at about 5.30am this morning. No sign of the others yet though.

Congrats, I just hatched 16 quail thursday and they started cracks like yours. Just wait for the popcorn to start.
pop.gif
They will pop out fast in a few hours

I hope so, i have noticed one more is cracked but no sign of anything else.

Think I will take this one out the incubator in a little bit once she/he has dried out. Should I put food in the brooder as well? I know he/she doesnt really need it until 24 after hatching but it not cause any harm will it??

You can leave the chick in there for 24 hours, I left mine in and they were fine, if you do take it out yes offer feed and water right away. it will eat if it needs to or it might wait. definately dip its beak in the water first.

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have 12 quail eggs in a incubator, it is currently day 17.

I have just noticed a very small crack in on of the eggs and was wounding if this could be the start of pipping? Or is pipping when a full piece of come off the egg?

mine are on day

Mine are on day 17 today and there are 3 with these same kind of cracks
(none with shell breaking yet). I've been so worried but now i feel alot better After seeing all the replies Thank you !

Back
Top Bottom