Quails fighting :(

Birds1243

Chirping
Dec 23, 2023
I got a new quail a few days ago (R). She is white feathered and absolutely adorable. Unfortunately one of my previous female quail (F) keeps fighting her and showing aggressive behaviour. R seems to be frightened and tends to find a cozy corner to sit in. The male (P) and other female (B) don’t seem to have any issues and are happy and friendly with the R. R is also not eating anything since she came. Is this because of new environment or something else? I don’t want to give her away because I want to give her a chance and she’s adorable. R and B also seem to get along very well as previously B was very very shy and quiet as P and F are very close. Like I said I want to give all the quails a happy fun life, and want to give R a chance here. But I don’t want to force her stay if she’s unhappy or never eats as I don’t want her to come to harm or potential death :(. (for the time being, they are kept separate - R and B in one place and P and F in the other :) )

I would try taking all of the birds out of your pen, then completely cleaning and rearranging it. Put all of your birds back in at night, so they all wake up to a new environment in the morning.

If this doesn't work, you can try the "see but can't touch" method. This is where you put the new bird in a cage next to or inside the pen with the other birds and let them get used to each other for a week or so before allowing them to all be together.

I would try taking all of the birds out of your pen, then completely cleaning and rearranging it. Put all of your birds back in at night, so they all wake up to a new environment in the morning.

If this doesn't work, you can try the "see but can't touch" method. This is where you put the new bird in a cage next to or inside the pen with the other birds and let them get used to each other for a week or so before allowing them to all be together.
How would I encourage her to eat? Don’t want to starve her :(

Back
Top Bottom