Quails froze to death.

Rainstorm

Songster
10 Years
May 25, 2009
Lake Placid FLorida
My button quail 3 1/2 weeks old was to big for their tank, I put them in my rabbit hutch with small wire and it was inclosed except for 1 1/2 sides. Had a 100 watt bulb hung down so they had plenty of heat but sometime during the night and coldest night this week the dang bulb blew and they all froze. I dont think its been that long because they were checked on at around 1am lastnight. Is it possibly to put them under a light and warm them up slowly like they do to baby rabbits and puppies? has anyone ever done it or is it a waste of time?

I would try it if there is a chance they might still have some life in them!

Sorry you are going through this.
hugs.gif

Quote:
thanks. and on top of this i lost 2 silkies and 2 buff orps, stupid dog never touched a chicken in his life always been around em and didnt bother em and then yesterday he decides to kill one, he went on the chain for that chewed through his collar and got 3 more today, he's killed one of my rabbits before so he pushed my last button, he's finding a new home. Been nothing but trouble for the last 6 months and dont have the First sign of improvement

Quote:
nothing yet.. i dont think its gonna work i couldnt find anything on how long it would take if it did work so im going to leave it on them tonight.. probly just wishful thinking though.

one good thing i found a home quickly for the dog, he was taken today

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Buttons supposed to be kept inside? I know several people with them and they all keep them inside.

As for the dog, there are ways to correct that behavior. Another option would have been to ensure the dog never had access to your other animals...

Sorry you've had such a rough time with your critters...

Back
Top Bottom