Quails nest

Roseyquails

In the Brooder
May 4, 2023
I need help. I have 2 female quails and 1 male. They have a hose and an outside pen. That normally leave their eggs anywhere. One day I found a little circle made in the long grass with 4 eggs in. We did some research and found out that that normal start to sit on their eggs after they have around 10-12. So we said we would leave them. Except that now there are 15 and none of them are showing signs of stopping allying or going broody. Since it is outside and I live in France it is starting to have warmer evenings but I don’t know whether or not to move the nest inside their house ? Any advice on what I should do ?

I need help. I have 2 female quails and 1 male. They have a hose and an outside pen. That normally leave their eggs anywhere. One day I found a little circle made in the long grass with 4 eggs in. We did some research and found out that that normal start to sit on their eggs after they have around 10-12. So we said we would leave them. Except that now there are 15 and none of them are showing signs of stopping allying or going broody. Since it is outside and I live in France it is starting to have warmer evenings but I don’t know whether or not to move the nest inside their house ? Any advice on what I should do ?
Is the spot outside safe from predators? What kind of predators are in your area? I would move them inside a secure place where no predator can get to them

Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom