quails with chickens and ducks

QueenOfMyCoop

Chirping
Apr 26, 2020
I am thinking about add 3 quail to my 22 chickens and 6 ducks which are about 2 months old. the quail are a few days old but i won't put them out there until they get bigger but i was wondering if anyone has any ideas of how they will get along... thanks!

I don't have quail, but when I go to feed my ducks they literally are falling all over each other.

This is why I'm guessing they'd get trampled. To death literally.

Feeding the ducks is kind of interesting. They act like its the last piece of food on the planet even when they are well fed. :p

But there is a way to recover from this and still work it out.

A lot of people on Youtube can rig up quail cages in very small spaces. They also stack them more than other birds or animals because of it. So if you can't put them together, you could in theory still get it to work. You could have the quail in a garage possibly also.

Let us know how it goes.

I don't have quail, but when I go to feed my ducks they literally are falling all over each other.

This is why I'm guessing they'd get trampled. To death literally.

Feeding the ducks is kind of interesting. They act like its the last piece of food on the planet even when they are well fed. :p

But there is a way to recover from this and still work it out.

A lot of people on Youtube can rig up quail cages in very small spaces. They also stack them more than other birds or animals because of it. So if you can't put them together, you could in theory still get it to work. You could have the quail in a garage possibly also.

Let us know how it goes.
yes, same with my ducks...especially when i give them meal worms! thanks for the info!

Back
Top Bottom