Quality Egg of New England in Maine caught in cruelty case.

I had to go outside and visit the girls just to calm down. Humans are awful beasts.

I too have been feeling guilty about the muddy spring conditions out there in the run- this puts things in perspective. I just watched the girls dust bathingin a sunny spot and felt better.

OMG That makes me sick to my stomach... I will NEVER buy store eggs... THe kids will have to get out their paint sets to color thier easter eggs...

I can't even fathom why people would be so cruel... For a buck.. Really...

I am so greatful I have access to my friends flock for eating & hatching eggs. I wouldnt want to anymore than I already have in life, benifit companies like this.....I've known for a while how they were treated thanks to youtube videos but it wasn't until a few months ago I was able to get "farm fresh eggs" from spoild brat hens.
smile.png
I reciently watched an HBO special on how hogs at a breeding farm were treated from another animal rights group for farm animals (a farming animal rights group). They don't want the end of farming like other ARs they just want animals treated with respect as I and I know all of you do as well. Those are the best kinds of ARs groups there are and I am thankful that they risk their lives to get the word out and the visual sight out about what really goes on at places like this where men and women get so desensitized by the animals they work around daily that they just don't care anymore. Its the same sort of thing that goes on in many nursing homes around the world. *not all. but many*

Oh, that is so sad. I wonder how many of these eggs I've eaten in the past? I want to go to all the grocery stores around here and post this article right by the eggs, so people will know what they are supporting.

The story is going national, it was on the news this morning in WI . Its sad very sad, just for cheap food, that doesn't even taste good (battery eggs)

Last edited:
This is the kind of thing so many of us here are working against.

Our hens have the best lives we can give them, and that is how it should be. This is what happens when business comes into the equation, at some point the bottom line can become more important than the creature providing the profit.

It is inhumane, but we have to realise that this is the kind of things some people are capable of. Sickening I agree, and it should be stamped out forever. We have all bought something becauseit is cheap, at some point,because our own drive is to feed or clothe our families.

In some countries it is people that are being abused like this, to give us cheap goods and cothing.

People or animals, at some point it has to stop.

Be proud that you are making a difference and if enough people join us soon these places could be a thing of the past.

Thank God for BYC.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Me too. I wonder how I can find out which egg "brands" belong to this nasty farm. Makes me sick and I am an eye for an eye kinda girl...these workers should be subject to the same cruelty...they should be kicked into a nice steamy pile of manure!

This article is going out on my email distribution so my family and friends understand why it is SOOO important to know where you food comes from... BUY LOCAL, SUPPORT FAMILY FARMERS where you've visited and know conditions!

I always say that people should eat eggs from happy hens if they want to be healthier.
For the same reason I pay extra to get grass-fed pork & beef to feed my family. It's not just the hormones and the way the meat is handled during processing, it's the fact that these were animals that led happier, natural lives. I'm a carnivore, I've raised meat animals, but needless suffering is never something I want to be a part of!

Poor hens. That is one sad sad story!

Back
Top Bottom