Quality Egg of New England in Maine caught in cruelty case.

Oh my lord...

hit.gif

*looking out window at my 6 girls* Thank God they're with ME and get treated like queens... they'll live thier lives out pampered even after they stop laying. Dont know what we're going to do for eggs once that happens...but I wont buy grocery store eggs again.

Poor birds... special place in hell for people that abuse animals. I cant even watch the TV commericals that have abused animals on them asking for money! I have to flip the channel because it gets me so upset and angry.
somad.gif

Stuff like this makes me soooo mad!
somad.gif
It is unbeliveable how cruel people can be for a dollar. I didn't look at the video..I saw a video on youtube about 6 months ago about Kentucky Fried Chicken cruelty. Look it up. I haven't eaten KFC since and tell everyone I see about it. Where is the FDA? I can only hope these cruel people will get their "just rewards" in the end.
5.gif

Okay I watched the video.....
sickbyc.gif
I don't know what to say. In the video there is the usual load of BS "we had no idea" or "we treat our animals as humanly as possible" ( they didn't say that but it was along those lines). that was sick. that's all there is to it the managers, and workers are just heartless. People who are cruel to animals are a cancer on the butt of society. (I bet all those chickens will all be put down because of living conditions or the over all health of the birds or any disese they may now cary.
somad.gif
hit.gif
)
smack.gif
those who abuse animals.

Was the video really bad? I can't watch it . It gets under my skin the way most commercial farms treat their birds without seeing it. I saw one the other day that was a "chick launcher" they were using a conveyor belt thing to put day old or maybe a little older, chicks into a building. It was like a leaf blower. And I always handle my chicks like really thin glass (carefully) Horrible. Just really HORRIBLE!

I didnt watch the video, reading the article was enough to bring me to tears! I'll be sending that out to every individual I know that thinks I'm crazy to have chickens! I'm even trying to get away from grocery store purchased meats. This defintily gives me more gumption to raise my own meaters, they'll at least have a good and happy life. UHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! Sometimes I hate human beings..

Quote:
It was not as bad as you think, mind you they should be shot, just the "mild stuff" because the video was aired on a local news station. you know those birds don't see much light at all the people were using flashlights that should tell you somthing right there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
While I have no chickens right now, I still get weird looks 'cause I talk about wanting chickens about every day! This is why! Thankfully, my parent's hens are laying again, and I won't need to buy store bought eggs. In the dead of winter NO ONE was selling eggs around here! So I bought the "cage free" ones. I'm sure they're not in GREAT conditions or anything, but I couldn't bear to buy the regular battery ones either.

I'm emailing this to anyone I can think of. Because if you just TELL them about the conditions, people just shrug and don't really care. If they SAW how horrible it was with they're own eyes, maybe they'd be at least a little disgusted.

Sorry for the CAPS, but if they mean that I'm yelling, well trust me, I am.

Back
Top Bottom