Quarantine Flock!

EverV

Songster
Jul 9, 2020
NJ
My Coop
My Coop
I've seen a couple of these around so I thought I'd make one for my small flock! We got them mid-late July from Meyer hatchery. All four arrived perfectly healthy, and, despite me overreacting to problems that didn't exist, they're still healthy! They started laying incredibly early-all had laid at least one by 17 weeks. We got a few super super soft-shelled eggs (the weight of the chickens broke them as soon as they were laid), but once we got them layer feed and started supplying calcium for them, the shells hardened right up! I'll start posting 'profiles' in a minute, once I've found some good photos.

Goldberry
Breed: Golden Buff
Colour: Goldish-red with lacing on her neck feathers
Eggs per week: 6-7
Pecking order rank: #4
Favourite saying: bock bock bock baooooooock
Favorite food: Cranberries & raisins
Personality: Goldberry's the shyest of them all, which isn't saying much-she's still friendly, and pretty brave for a chicken. Goldberry's sort of the 'everything nobody else is' chicken :lol: . She leaves everything up to her sisters and just follows them around all day. She's not the 'diva', but somehow 90% of my chicken photos are of her :idunno
IMG_4508.jpeg

Last edited:
Josephine
Breed: Golden Buff
Colour: Goldish-red with lacing more lacing than Goldberry and lacing on her neck feathers
Eggs per week: 6-7
Pecking order rank: #1
Favourite saying: BAAAK BOCK BOCK BAAAAK
Favorite food: Egg shells-because she was the first one laying, she feels entitled to the ones I give as calcium.
Personality: Josephine is the outgoing, attention-loving one. None of them like to be picked up, but sometimes Josephine will snuggle down in your arms and resign herself to her fate. She's top of the pecking order, and was the first to lay, and therefore considers herself to be the most esteemed. She's a total diva, as well as head of the Mistreatment Of Today's Chickens Society. She's capable of empowering speeches, which have the power to convince all her sisters to sign the (vocal) petition for more free range time. She's always the loudest at these rallies. She also enjoys taunting our poor puppy by pretending she wants to play while he bounds around the outside of the coop, as she also yells about how she could take 'em and how we should 'let me at'm!'.
IMG_4509.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom