Quarter Hatched Quail Egg

New2quaill

Chirping
Sep 14, 2021
Hi all again.

Soo… my last egg pipped.. then some more of the shell has fell away. I can almost see an eye I think .. def it’s” fluff” and definitely a lot of its beak.. but that’s it . It hasn’t made progress .. I think the other chicks knocked of the shell but I can see membrane .. he’s trying no luck… it’s day 20 now .. should I let it run its course .. or?
thanks

Hi all again.

Soo… my last egg pipped.. then some more of the shell has fell away. I can almost see an eye I think .. def it’s” fluff” and definitely a lot of its beak.. but that’s it . It hasn’t made progress .. I think the other chicks knocked of the shell but I can see membrane .. he’s trying no luck… it’s day 20 now .. should I let it run its course .. or?
thanks

That’s him :/

Attachments

• 44D809FF-F428-40E1-BCB4-65C10CD5B03B.jpeg
    44D809FF-F428-40E1-BCB4-65C10CD5B03B.jpeg
    418.2 KB · Views: 2
you can assist if you want. I just assisted two of mine and they are now thriving. carefully apply some coconut oil- or some other food oil to the membrane, if you don’t see blood vessels proceed to catefully peel away the shell (not membrane) around the chick’s head. See if it can make it out itself, if not, you can perform a full assist by carefully peeling the membrane away.

Attachments

• 815F04E1-B2CD-4727-8D75-A537C0051767.jpeg
    815F04E1-B2CD-4727-8D75-A537C0051767.jpeg
    406.5 KB · Views: 2
you can assist if you want. I just assisted two of mine and they are now thriving. carefully apply some coconut oil- or some other food oil to the membrane, if you don’t see blood vessels proceed to catefully peel away the shell (not membrane) around the chick’s head. See if it can make it out itself, if not, you can perform a full assist by carefully peeling the membrane away.
That’s the thing.. a bunch of shell is missing .. but and j can see it’s full beak then some hair in another section.. but there is a section of membrane without shell he’s pushing against.. wasn’t as active this morning

MYbe hard to see but the top I think right in the pic .. no shell just membrane .

That’s the thing.. a bunch of shell is missing .. but and j can see it’s full beak then some hair in another section.. but there is a section of membrane without shell he’s pushing against.. wasn’t as active this morning
i would help him by breaking the external membrane and shell over the aircell. But it’s your call.

I’ve read that.. but not sure where .. neat his beak?
anywhere, you can take all of the outer membrane off (over the aircell only!!!!)

Then moisten the inner membrane carefully with coconut oil, avoiding the beak. See if there are veins.
How long has he been like this?

Back
Top Bottom