Quechua Thread

Pics
Those look like your pics MAMAMa are they yours ? Why would people pay that much when you can get them on here for so much less

I am surprised at how much people are bidding. Shows people what prices could be. I think it is awesome. I wish I was in the market for some. My Olmec hen sure could use some Olmec friends. She does mot seem to be close to anyone in her flock. Maybe next year.

I am surprised at how much people are bidding. Shows people what prices could be. I think it is awesome. I wish I was in the market for some. My Olmec hen sure could use some Olmec friends. She does mot seem to be close to anyone in her flock. Maybe next year.

It is the Fibromelanistic gene that it boosting the prices crazy. Almost nobody can touch an Ayam Cemoni. So here is a bird with a lineage nearly as old and a decendant landrace breed from them (if my memory of Resolution's thread on the subject is correct). If all of you who have these guys coordinate your marketing you could fund the rest of your chickens by surfing this wave of popularity. It is a chance to raise the awareness for this breed and establish more flocks of them out there. Sure not every one that buys and hatches will become a Great Guardian of the Genes, but some will and those that do you can bring them into the inside circle where the prices aren't so crazy.

These are better than Cemani because they are cold hardy.
It is the Fibromelanistic gene that it boosting the prices crazy. Almost nobody can touch an Ayam Cemoni. So here is a bird with a lineage nearly as old and a decendant landrace breed from them (if my memory of Resolution's thread on the subject is correct). If all of you who have these guys coordinate your marketing you could fund the rest of your chickens by surfing this wave of popularity. It is a chance to raise the awareness for this breed and establish more flocks of them out there. Sure not every one that buys and hatches will become a Great Guardian of the Genes, but some will and those that do you can bring them into the inside circle where the prices aren't so crazy.

Last edited:
These are better than Cemani because they are cold hardy.

I hear that! Especially after this winter when even my Olive Egger roos got frostbit in IN TENNESEE!
ep.gif
TENNESSEE for goodness sake! It has made me rethink my Chicken Wish list and just about halve it!

I hear that!  Especially after this winter when even my Olive Egger roos got frostbit in IN TENNESEE! :eek: TENNESSEE for goodness sake! It has made me rethink my Chicken Wish list and just about halve it!

I am breeding for smallest combs and wattles and FM in my South American composites. Some females are showing complete absence of both and some of my cockerels (fall hatched) have very small combs and no wattle growth yet. This is even in ones without beards or crests. My Black Quechua Olmec rooster is a genetic pea combed, but he has a very small single smoth-edged blade.
All came through without frostbite. Their coop/roost is unheated and very well ventilated (all the way around roof and a large 2'x6' opening).

Yeah they are better than Cemani! Much better for free ranging too!

I am breeding for smallest combs and wattles and FM in my South American composites. Some females are showing complete absence of both and some of my cockerels (fall hatched) have very small combs and no wattle growth yet. This is even in ones without beards or crests. My Black Quechua Olmec rooster is a genetic pea combed, but he has a very small single smoth-edged blade.
All came through without frostbite. Their coop/roost is unheated and very well ventilated (all the way around roof and a large 2'x6' opening).

Yeah they are better than Cemani! Much better for free ranging too!

Love to see some pics of your combs.

Back
Top Bottom