Quechua Thread

Thank you, I got the PM..... can you give me a day or two? Let me see if I can work out a trip to come get him?

He'd have a good home here, all my animals are rotten ;) and get to free range in a nice environment.... Maybe I could even find a couple of Quechua pullets somewhere.... There's a guy in CA, I know he has the Mapuche type, but I don't know if he has Quechua too....

I'll send you another PM, see what you're schedule is like and when might be a good time for you....

~ Rita
Edd Sheppard raises araucana and ketros , I am guessing that he is the man your referring to .

Last edited:
Yes! Edd is the guy.... I've been meaning to email him and ask about driving down for a visit in early spring, and potentially buying some live birds from him. He keeps saying he's shutting down his hatchery (to a hobby level), so he can retire.

I would just be tickled if I could get some Colloncas/Kolloncas and Quetros/Ketros from him, plus he has some awesome Palomino (as he calls them) colored Araucanas...

Do you know Edd? I bought a bunch of hatching eggs from him back in the fall, but the post office must've been rough on them, nothing even pipped....

Last edited:
Yes! Edd is the guy.... I've been meaning to email him and ask about driving down for a visit in early spring, and potentially buying some live birds from him. He keeps saying he's shutting down his hatchery (to a hobby level), so he can retire.

I would just be tickled if I could get some Colloncas/Kolloncas and Quetros/Ketros from him, plus he has some awesome Palomino (as he calls them) colored Araucanas...

Do you know Edd? I bought a bunch of hatching eggs from him back in the fall, but the post office must've been rough on them, nothing even pipped....
yes I know him , in fact I am going to take on some of his hatchery in the spring to keep the breeds going.

Oh wow, that's great to hear!
thumbsup.gif
Edd sounds like a cool guy, he's done a lot of different things in his life.....I was sort of worried about the future of his life's work with these birds....It seems he isn't very well known here on BYC, which is a shame really, he's got a lot to offer. Its good to know somebody else is interested in Awesome Araucanas.... I wish I could convince my DH that the hatchery biz is a good investment!
jumpy.gif
- But, in any case, if I ever get some Colloncas or Quetros, I have plenty of space to raise them. We have a fortress-like coop right now, and we're building a whole new, larger, coop with adjustable pens/runs this coming spring.

Congratulations and good luck in your endeavors! Let me know if I can be a customer!
wink.png

Oh wow, that's great to hear! :thumbsup Edd sounds like a cool guy, he's done a lot of different things in his life.....I was sort of worried about the future of his life's work with these birds....It seems he isn't very well known here on BYC, which is a shame really, he's got a lot to offer. Its good to know somebody else is interested in Awesome Araucanas.... I wish I could convince my DH that the hatchery biz is a good investment! :jumpy - But, in any case, if I ever get some Colloncas or Quetros, I have plenty of space to raise them. We have a fortress-like coop right now, and we're building a whole new, larger, coop with adjustable pens/runs this coming spring.

Congratulations and good luck in your endeavors! Let me know if I can be a customer! ;)

O definitely I will keep you posted by private message , any one else interested please feel free to private message me .
Thank you .

Last edited:
I hope you separate them, or your pullets may not live long.

Oh, absolutely... I wouldn't put them through that kind of torment....It actually annoys me to see the roos just passing the girls around (- I know, I may be humanizing my chickens!). But still, I don't see any reason to let roos do that here on the farm, even though it may be the case for birds in the wild.... I have multiple pens/coops available for sorting birds for periods of time.

It is a problem a lot of new chicken keepers should be aware of, thank you for saying something
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Does anyone know a NPIP certified farm that sells Black Quechua Olmec chicks, eggs, or adult birds? I'm in Hawaii and they'll only allow me to import from NPIP certified breeders or individually tested adult birds.

Back
Top Bottom