Queen Silvia Thread

My Queen Silvia's have calmed down as they have gotten older. Some of the hens are friendly and will take treats from my hand. Here are my first 3 chicks to hatch from my group. they are 1 day old. They are turning into very good layers. There are also Silverudd's Blue and SFH's in these pictures.
What are SFH?

My roo's have grown out now and they are so handsome! The girls are great flyers still and are like the hippies of my yard! Hope you all are enjoying this neat breed.

My roo's have grown out now and they are so handsome! The girls are great flyers still and are like the hippies of my yard! Hope you all are enjoying this neat breed.

When they were teenagers, I didn't like them much. They were flighty and quarrelsome. They have changed. Now they are friendly and pretty laid back. They get along with other breeds ok now too. They are in my top 5 breeds now.

Do any of you have some hatching eggs available?
smile.png

Yes, I have, but I moved them to a new coop and they haven't gotten started back laying regularly yet. I can let you know especially if they start laying in the next few weeks.

Yes, I have, but I moved them to a new coop and they haven't gotten started back laying regularly yet. I can let you know especially if they start laying in the next few weeks.
I'm expecting some eggs of different breeds on the 12th so I will be incubating then, thank you though! I'll keep you in mind when I want to do my next hatch.

Oh wow! They're beautiful. After happening across this thread I began researching them a bit and am amazed at how similar they are to Golden Campines. With the exception of and egg color and being white where Campines are gold, they look almost identical. Here's a few pics of a couple of my Campines youngens. Even as chicks they look alike, how neat! This is Libbey and Izzy, they're 8 weeks old today.
[/IMG]

Oh wow! They're beautiful. After happening across this thread I began researching them a bit and am amazed at how similar they are to Golden Campines. With the exception of and egg color and being white where Campines are gold, they look almost identical. Here's a few pics of a couple of my Campines youngens. Even as chicks they look alike, how neat! This is Libbey and Izzy, they're 8 weeks old today.

The white ones are called silver and there are gold ones also, but they aren't as common as the silver. I have never seen a Campine in person, but I think one of the other differences is the leg color. On the Queen Silvia Sweden FB page, they have pictures of the gold and another color they call Frost. Those are the rarest of all.

Nice birds GardenWren!

The white ones are called silver and there are gold ones also, but they aren't as common as the silver. I have never seen a Campine in person, but I think one of the other differences is the leg color. On the Queen Silvia Sweden FB page, they have pictures of the gold and another color they call Frost. Those are the rarest of all.

Nice birds GardenWren!
How were your QS's through the winter? Did they keep laying through the winter? I am interested in this breed as they are so lovely and lay pink eggs. Yet another color to add to the egg basket!

Back
Top Bottom