quesiton about eggs?

foxmfan1

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 16, 2013
my ladies have been laying since july, and I am now getting two eggs a day, sometimes three. What I usually do on Sundays, I will boil them to eat for breakfast, on my way to work during the week or make deviled eggs. (more deviled eggs lately ). Well, I have noticed that my eggs are very hard to peel, the membrane just under the shell, is soo thick it makes it hard to peel. It sticks to the egg white and ruins alot of the good part of the egg. What am i doing wrong?

I boiled a batch of store bought eggs, and they came apart so much easier, : / but they did not taste as good as my fresh egg deviled eggs. : )

So am I the only one with this problem?

Fresh eggs are more likely to stick to the shell than eggs that have been around a while. That said, there are a number of ways to get around that problem. I heat the water to boiling, then put the eggs in with a slotted spoon. When the water returns to boiling, I turn the eye off, and let the eggs stand covered for about 15 minutes. I then run cool water over them to cool them. I don't remember who taught me this (somebody here on BYC), but the eggs seldom stick when I follow this procedure.

wowo, I really want to thank you for replying to my post, I used your directions, and i got great results!!! I and actuaclly have a plateful of develid eggs. !!! thanks alot, !!!!!

Back
Top Bottom