Quest for a canning jar cupboard has begun. Update page 4

Well, I actually found a primitive cupboard at an auction and got the highest bid! It's a far cry from the white one that I love so much! I still really love that one
hit.gif
and I'd love to still get it some day. (Christmas is coming!) Oh well. I felt I couldn't keep waiting as I've been looking for a while and the jars are still adding up. I'll have to put in additional shelves and give it a good scrubbing. So it's kind of good news, bad news because I really do still want that other one.
hide.gif

21251_fi2361.jpg

Do you have any extra jellys or jams or canning you can sell to save some of the extra money----check out eggbid.com and see if they sell any of the items you might have----if you do let me know---Teresa at [email protected] Also go look at other antique stores before you buy. My husband said I didn't need a canner about 20 years ago--so I saved and got one any way and started canning. I put them all on the counters, living room, bath room counter, boxes in dining room, everywhere--just so he would get the picture--I did 100 quarts of green :beans---I made him understand that I did want it and I was going to use it! Now he does more canning than me---ha ha Teresa
celebrate.gif
:celebrate

Last edited:
Thanks Scrambled Egg! I feel a bit better about it today.

I forgot to mention that I'm paying $100.00 for this one. And I also got a hunting coat for my daughter for $15.00. I would have paid a fortune for that thing if I had bought it new. My daughter got herself a denim jacket for $3.00. I bid on a box of canning lids also, but they went for $4.00, I didn't want to pay a lot for that so I let it go. There weren't a lot of lids in the box.

You could always paint it the color you want or the color of the other one and you could remove the wood square panels in the door and put glass in. Then maybe it would be 'enough' like the other one.
wink.png

Quote:
Yes, I have thought of that. I'm just afraid of destroying it in the process! For now, I just got to get these jars off my table and hutch, and counter! They seem to be getting all over my house!
I think the stained look is growing on me and it is rustic so I like that aspect of it.

I really like the white cabinet, and I have seen those with the glass removed and regular (round holes) chicken wire stapled inside in its place. That will allow dust inside though, but if you found a cheaper one without glass you might consider it. Don't it just make yur heart pitter to see all those perfectly filled jars and my own heart jumps when I heard each and every "pop" when the jars seal. Oh, I love BYC people.
love.gif
HenZ

ETA: I just now read thru the posts: I do like the one you bought, so clean it up and open those doors when you want to see your goods and keep them closed to preserve the food in the dark. I too like the white one better, but just because it has the openings in the doors. The one you got is a much better deal I think. Hey, you might need two? oh, don't listen to me..............

Last edited:
I LOVE the dark one!!

I'd get some crown molding and put it around the top, finish it the same as the rest of it- that will really spiff it up!!

Back
Top Bottom