Question 😣

MamaChick20

In the Brooder
Mar 15, 2024
Lafayette, Georgia
Hey yall!! It’s me again! So my chicks have been actin crazy in a way. They have been very flighty and jump on eachother idk if I should worry about it. They don’t fight ( no one gets hurt ) and after when they get crazy they just go to sleep together all huddled. Now I know that some animals get the zoomies, so do they have the case of the zoomies or is it something more? 😂

I bought some chicken wire to go ontop of the brooder just incase they fly out :)

Do they have sufficient space? Is the temperature where it should be?
They are in a metal brooder about the size of a brooder you would see at tractor supply just a tad bigger. Idk if that’s enough space for them especially for 3 week old one. 😅
oh also they are In the garage so it does get kinda cold in there but I have their heat lamp. Plus if the garage gets too cold we have another heat lamp that can make the garage a tad bit warmer 🥰

Last edited:
From what I've observed, this is just regular chick play behavior. They're just having a grand ol' time! As long as they don't single anyone out or peck them to death, it's perfectly fine.
I figured it was the case of the zoomies! I’ve just never seen it in a chick before!! I have three cats too so zoomies are very common around the house 😂😂 these chicks amaze me everyday 😂

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom