Question about a cracked egg that i fixed with wax

conny63malies

Crowing
13 Years
Mar 22, 2008
Annetta Kentucky
Today is day 3 for my golden Phoenix and white crested black polish. Out of pure curiosity i deceided to candle the egg that cracked during shippingTo my absolute amazement there is a little spidervein thing going on. Now here is my question, the egg had a huge crack over the airpocket area, i had to wax a area of approx. a quarter.
Do i remove the wax before hatching , since it is over the airpocket and there is so much , or do i leave it on? My last egg that was damaged less than that was fixed with tape and never develpot, so i have no clue what to do.

Sounds strange, i'v never heard of anyone doing that. I'd take the wax off on the day of hatching as you don't want the chick to ingest it.

I had to do that with one of my Silver Sebright eggs. It just hatched today and is perfectly fine.
big_smile.png

Hi, I was worried about the wax on one of my eggs, it's soft, and unless you see them zip from that area, I wouldn't worry much till they hatch. Then take the shell out. If you feel nervous, wait till you see where they are pipping, then quickly, very quickly, scratch the wax off. Best Hatching Wishes
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom