Question about Bedding for Ducklings

CK Chickadilly

Songster
11 Years
Sep 11, 2008
West Michigan
I have 2 snowy mallards that are 1 week old. They are in a smallish rubbermaid tub by my office desk & I have placed newspaper on the bottom & then paper towel on the top for convenience of cleaning.

Anyway, what I notice is that when they get the paper towel wet, they start trying to tear pieces of it off, like they are playing with it.

I haven't seen them eat it but it worries me. I really don't want to use the pine shavings in the house.... is there anything elses I could use that would be easy to clean that is safe for them?
Thanks!

Quote:
It is not to messy or wet yet, I am just worried about them eating wet paper towel. Don't they try to tear of pieces of the puppy pads?

I have straw & pine shavings but was hoping not to use those until I put them outside in the brooder in the barn under lights, cause they are dusty.

What about using that sticky rubbery shelf liner even though I would have to wash it, I wonder if they would try to eat that too, I know little LuLu loves to nibble my fingers I don't know if she is being curious or what
lol.png
or if she would try eating the shelf liner
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom