Question about blue copper marans

JamesA

Crowing
15 Years
Jun 1, 2008
Cedartown Georgia
What are these a cross with.I see alot of people that hatchout and get blue marans and black coppers.Just trying to figure this out.

Last edited:
I think what I am trying to figure out is do blue copper marans come from two blue copper marans parents or do they come from a black copper marans and another color marans?Sorry if I worded this wrong.

Blue copper marans cannot come from two black copper parents. Theoriginaly came from a blue marans and a black copper parent but now they are common enough so you should breed blue copperX blue copper or blue copper X black copper (keeps the blue stronger) My birds are all splash copper rooster X black copper or blue copper hens. The birds fallow the rules of blue andalusian genetics which I do not know all that much about exept for this:

Blue x black= % blue % black
Blue x blue = % blue % black % splash
splash x blue = % blue %splash % black
Black x black = 100% black
Splash x black = 100% blue

Good Luck I love my blue and black copper and I am sorry I am not able to keep a rooster so I cannot breed them and will just have layers.

Henry

I have black coppers and did not know if I needed to get a blue copper hen or rooster to try to get some blue copper offspring.Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom