Question about Brinsea incubator.

DragonClaw01

Chirping
6 Years
Sep 25, 2013
I read that guinea eggs should be kept at 99.5 F and humidity at 35%-45% .
(referenced here
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/759166/questions-about-incubating-guinea-fowl-eggs )

1) Brinsea (20 Octagon advance) goes up by .2 degrees. Is 95.4 or 95.6 better?

2) The humidity mentioned in this post, is that wet bulb or what? What's the difference in all the humidities? Why do they have different ways of measuring it? What type should I be concerned with?

3) There are alarms for dropping above or below the threshold. Is that above or below what I temperature I set?

Example:If the max threshold is 3.00 and I set it to 95.4 will it go off at 98.4? Or is it that it will go off at 3.00 F and I should set it at 98.4 to get a 3 degree range? Also, what is a good range to set it at?

EDIT: What does "Cooling", what is that for?

Last edited:
Guineas actually incubate at 99.5 degrees, which should be the factory default set on your Brinsea, so you shouldn't need to adjust it at all. I'm not sure where you saw 95.5 but that is wrong and you don't want to do that, they'll likely never hatch. I have a Brinsea Eco so I'm not sure about the alarms and can't help you there. As for humidity, that would be relative humidity, not wet bulb, and you'd monitor that with a humidity gage.

I'm sorry. I had a BAD typo. I changed the default thought. so, 99.6 or 99.4

Do I need a humidity gauge or is the built in one good enough?

If you're using an Advance I would think the built in one would be good but you could always buy another one just to check it with. As for higher or lower, neither will really hurt - higher and they might be a little early, lower and they might be a little late :)

Okay, great. First guinea egg. (Only 1) to hatch. Can I hatch chickens under the same condition? (Ours lay year round)

Back
Top Bottom