question about candling or viability

orlandoluv1

Songster
11 Years
Mar 20, 2008
spring valley , CA
im on day 8 and i was wondering if someoen could answer something fro me. i have 3 eggs left out of 5 but one of the eggs i cant see anything except veins i dont see a little baby swiming around in there like the other ones. and in one of the other ones i see the baby but he wasnt moving. the other one was swimming like crazy. if anyone can give me some advice about either one of the two i am questioning that would be great. thanks

ebonykawai

Songster
12 Years
Dec 27, 2007
Wheatfield, NY near NiagFalls
Keep them all. Veins are good. Babies can hide and sleep. I'd wait.
smile.png

orlandoluv1

Songster
11 Years
Mar 20, 2008
spring valley , CA
thanks i think i am jsut really really nervouse about it. i think i caught the fever. its nice to be able to talk to people that share my same feelings abotu these cute little guys i think most of my friends just think im crazy for trying to hatch eggs lol... who knows

hypnofrogstevie

chick magnet
12 Years
Jul 12, 2007
Newton NJ
I will let you know that I been hatching for over 2 years now. Everytime I do this I get nervous. It wont go away. Veins are a good sign. Keep em and check again in a few days to see improvement

Mrs MIA

Chick Magnet
11 Years
Mar 3, 2008
Check them again at day 14. Use one of those funny curly-cue lightbulbs - they don't put off as much heat so you can hold them a little longer without getting them too hot. They could be sleeping, but if you hold them for about 15 seconds, and gently rotate them, sometimes you'll see them move just a little. I did that last night, and was holding my breath because I thought they weren't moving. One was doing backflips in the egg, but the other 3 were quiet. Don't give up on them yet!
big_smile.png

Crazy4Chicks

Songster
12 Years
Nov 20, 2007
Glendale, AZ
i am on day 12 with 3 duck eggs - I candled them a few days ago and all three were moving around like crazy - but when i candled them last night there was movement - just not as much so i think they were "resting" - I will take another look in a few days to make sure they are doing alright.

give your little ones a few more days and than take another look.

this will be my first time hatching anything - at first DH thought I was crazy - now he is right there when I candle them !!

good luck with your babies
jumpy.gif

Julie

Top Bottom