question about candling or viability

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by orlandoluv1, Mar 21, 2008.

1. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    But have you hered of the key trick? When you hang a key over the egg and if the key moves a little, its a boy. If it gently vibrates, its a girl.

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Crowing

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    There are many of those old wives tales floating around in the world. They say the same thing about human babies, too.

If you wait until day 14 you'll know for sure if there is a chick or not growing in your questionable egg. That is when I toss the ones that aren't growing just incase one decides to start leaking and may become the greatly feared exploding egg. LOL

3. Must Be Losing It

Must Be Losing It Lost It

Mar 3, 2008
    Uxbridge MA
    Is the "greatly feared exploding egg" a reality? I hear reference to it but have you had it happen to you?

4. Must Be Losing It

Must Be Losing It Lost It

Mar 3, 2008
    Uxbridge MA
    Holy Crow!

5. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    you mean cow?

6. orlandoluv1

orlandoluv1 Songster

Mar 20, 2008
    spring valley , CA
    yeah i candles my babies tonight and the one that i coudlnt see anything in has a great baby swimming around in there. he was jut bigger then the other guys so i didnt really know what i was looking for. And as far as my other one that wasnt moving he was going crazy swimmin all over the place. i am sooooooo happy. keeping my fingers crossed.[​IMG]

7. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Crowing

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Good luck! [​IMG]

8. Joy1

Joy1 Songster

Feb 4, 2008
    Lancashire,England
    Good luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: