question about chukar

schoebel_taylor

Songster
10 Years
Jun 11, 2009
Central Wisconsin
I was just wondering what a person feeds chukars. I wasnt sure if you would feed them gamebird food or if there was a special kind of food. thanks for any help.
smile.png

Purina gamebird?? I can't find any gamebird grain around here. I was wondering what to give my chukars for the winter. Roght now the are getting turkey grower. Can anyone post the contents and % of there gamebird feed so I can see what I need to change. I am in Quebec and our winters are somewhat cold.

gamebird isn't a grain it is a pellet or mash or crumble or (depends on where you live exactly what they will call it) it is a processed feed...

it usaully runs around 24% protein for me aorund here...the chick stuff is like 28%...come to think on it...I think it is a little lower

that turkey grower should work..about the same requirements...for cold you want more carbs or fat for warmth...protein is for growth...I know folks are about to say i am wrong..
hide.gif
silly me wasting that animal science degree

Quote:
THATS ABOUT RIGHT... VARIES FROM 1 MANUFACTURERS FORMULA TO THE NEXT.... PURINA STARTRENA (THEIR GAME BIRD STARTER) IS 30% I FEED ALL MY QUAIL (LIFE TIME) AND PHEASANTS(1ST YEAR) AND CHUKAR (1ST YR) THAT. THE OLDER BREEDERS GET THE PURINA GAMEBIRD CONDITIONER AFTER THE 1ST YR ITS 26%. I BUMP THE BREEDERS BACK UP TO STARTER JUST BEFORE LAYING SEASON... IT SEEMS TO HELP WITH EGG PRODUCTION.

Back
Top Bottom